Crowthorne Carnival Privacy Notice
Our contact details
Name: Crowthorne Carnival
What type of information we have
We currently collect and process the following information:
• Name and contact details
How we get the information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
• To participate in a Carnival event or activity, such as the procession, fete and competitions
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You can remove your consent at any time by contacting us at the email address above.
What we do with the information we have
We use the information that you have given us in order to include you in the event or activity you registered for.
We may share this information through the website in announcements related to the event or activity you registered for, e.g. the listing of competition winners.
How we store your information
Your information is securely stored for the period covering the organisation and running of the Carnival, after which time it will be deleted except for entries in the historical record of past carnivals.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at the email address above if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113